Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lessons Learned

As many of you remember in the week prior to Kent's deployment I was in the ER with kidney stones and narrowly escaped surgery. So I met with my urologist today and thought I would pass along some tips.

His first question or better a rheotorical question was "do you drink water?" To which I laughed. He knew from the tests that I don't drink water. But if he only knew that I drink about 1 glass of water and 2 sodas a day. Apparently that is not good for you :-) The second question was "do you have any citrus in your diet/" To which I also laughed and said it causes heart burn. The urologist and I had a good laugh and then said lets not do anymore tests because we know it is my poor water intake.

My new goals:
1) Drink more water everyday
2) Drink 1 glass orange juice a day

Ahh the pains of learning. He was nice enough to give me a color picture of my stone. What a nice guy. What in the world am I going to do with that picture? Haha

May none of you ever have kidney stones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home