Sunday, December 07, 2008

Reintegration

I think I am officially "reintegrated." This is the process referred to when people transition back into their lives after such a long time away. It is kind of weird to say it this way, but I', getting used to my life again. LIfe was very differnet when the only person I had to take care of was me.

Stella is wonderful. SO DIFFERENT from when I left, but Meghan did such an amazing job while I was gone. As my mom well knows (and she'll tell you if you ask), being a single parent ain't easy. I am grateful for Meghan -- by the grace of God, we got through it.

Being a daddy for the second time is also exciting. When meghan was prego with Stella, I thought it was strange to imagine having a third person running around the house. Now it's just as strange to picture a fourth person. We had our first ultrasound last week and the baby was extremely active. More than I had ever seen from Stell in utero. Meghan is convinced it's a boy. I just don't know. They say every pregnancy is different. This one is certainly different for her, but it may not be due to the baby's gender. Who knows!

This weekend we fixed the house up in preparation for selling it. Thankfully we were the first owners, and we took good care of it. So there isn't much to do. I planted a handful of plants outside and we touched up the paint all around the house. That's it - ready to list. That's going to be a whole other headache. We will definitely have to sell it for less than for what we bought it. The good news is that we should recoup that in the more stable housing marlket outside of D.C.

Stella is in the Christmas spirit. She says "Christmas tree, outside, gifts, Santa, and fire. Of course they all sound the same except for the number of syllabals she mumbles through, but she's givving it her best.

That's the news for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home