Saturday, June 23, 2007

How to Elicit Disgust From Others

...simply post information on your blog related to inducing labor with non-medical strategies. I know it's a little bit too much information, but I never said anything about how Meghan and I are going about trying to make this baby come out. I merely related some silly facts the doctor and the books had advised. I know there are parents reading this...

THE CURRENT STRATEGY FOR MAKING BABY CORSO COME OUT:
Kent: Meghan, do you think we should take a walk or go for a swim or something? They say if you exercise it's more likely to induce labor.
Meghan: Nah, I'm gonna eat this bowl of ice cream instead.

Kent: Hey Meg, want to get on the new treadmill we bought? They say increased walking triggers labor!
Meg: No, I did some walking a few days ago...and I walked across our house today on my way to the kitchen.

Kent: I just heard from a nurse at work today that if you do squats (in a pool to minimize impact) you can build your pelvic muscles. The motion makes the baby drop, and the exercises build the muscles you'll use during labor. She said it'd make your childbirth easier if those muscles are in tip-top shape.
Meg: I don't really feel like it. I'm in good shape anayway.

The lesson I have learned from such interactions like this is that nothing I can say will be particularly helpful unless it is "Yes dear" That's really the only type of help I can offer!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're getting it. "Yes Dear" is the "Path To Intimacy", pregnant or not.

Dawn

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home