Sunday, July 24, 2005

Saluting

By the way, it is very strange to be saluted by everyone around us. Since we are captains, the majority of the other students here are lower than us in rank. That means they have to initiate the salute first, and they cannot let their hand down until we let ours down. It's a really interesting experience. We've been saluting left and right!

Also (a bone of contention here) we have formed the habit of saying sir and ma'am all the time. I call my roomate sir, I call everyone I see sir or ma'am. However, I did not expect that they would require me to call my wife "ma'am." I am guessing that this is unique to the military, not to the 1st year of marriage...

The purpose of calling each other sir and ma'am during the work day is to maintain a professional decorum. While I understand this idea, it's frustrating.

-- what an adjustment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home