Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Oh Sweet Life

So last week I was driving home and thinking to myself does life get any better????

I wake up in the morning put on a uniform for the United States Air Force. This has and continues to be an adjustment. However, a positive one. It takes awhile for the reality to sink in, that I am in the military serving our country. After putting on my uniform I drive into work at the largest AF hospital in the world. This top rated training hospital is where I am surrounded by some of the most brilliant psychologists in the field and I get to train under them. After I have seen some patients and learned a bit (sometimes too much) I head off to the gym during work hours. Why? Because we are given 3 hours of work time to work out during the week. I am thinking I should be in shape in no time! Then to end this typical day, I go home to my soulmate. Cheesy I realize but oh so true.

Really I am sometimes taken back by life. Work is hard but so worth it in the end. I am learning so much and continuing to develop as a psychologist and a military psychologist at that. I should also mention that I am confined to my glasses for the next month in preparation for laser eye surgery, which I might add is free. Wish me luck!

I just wanted to share how excited I am about mine and Kent's journey. I am sure that the typical day will not always go so smoothly and that life will not always look so wonderful. BUT shoot for now I will enjoy the present :-)

I hope all is well with everyone. Kent will update you shortly and also share some scary pictures of the awful spiders I continue to complain about. You will also be frightened.

Goodnight for now. Love to you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home